Follow the steps below to become one of our satisfied tenants:
1. Schedule a Guided Tour – Look over our Apartments/Houses page under the number of bedrooms you are looking for. Of the ones that state they are “Available for Fall” choose up to 4 properties that you are most interested in based on your budget, location preference, and individual living needs. Call us at 614-291-5001 to schedule a guided tour.
2. Apply Online – All of our units rent on a first come, first serve basis. The only way to secure an apartment or house is to apply online and put down at least half of your security deposit. To apply online e-mail Kelly at Kelly@universitymanors.com. She will then send you the link for the online application.
3. Pay Security Deposit & Receive Paperwork – Once your online application is received, Kelly will send you the link to activate your online tenant portal so you can pay at least the 1st half of the security deposit. The full security deposit is equal to 1 month’s rent. You must pay this out of ONE bank account. After you put down the deposit, you will receive the following items via e-mail:
- A link to the online application – every tenant and cosigner needs to complete their own application and upload a picture of their drivers license during the application process – this is to be completed within 24 hours
- PDF copy of the lease – This will be e-mailed to the tenants and they should forward it on to their cosigners to print, sign, and mail back to their child so everything has original signatures
- Tenant Information Form
- Leasing Checklist
4. Complete Paperwork – You will have about 1 week to get everything on your Leasing Checklist completed and returned. This allows you plenty of time complete and collect everyone’s documents to be returned together. All leases MUST have original signatures.
5. Return All Rental Paperwork & Pay Security Deposit Balance – If you have any roommates, all paperwork must come back together. Separate or incomplete paperwork will NOT be accepted. Failure to meet your deadline could result in losing the apartment/house and it going back on the market or to the next person on the wait list. You must schedule an appointment to return your paperwork. Before or at this appointment you will also be required to pay the remaining balance owed for your security deposit. Again, it must be paid out of ONE bank account. After you move in, roommates can pay their portions of rent separately.
Please e-mail Kelly at Kelly@universitymanors.com or call the office at 614-291-5001 to schedule an appointment to return your paperwork.
That’s it! We strive to make the rental process easy and worry-free. After you have turned in your completed paperwork you will hear from us again in the summer regarding all of your move-in information. If you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
LEASE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Follow the link below to see a sample copy of the lease. Lease dates and amounts vary depending on the property you rent, but the basic articles with the terms and conditions in the lease are constant. You are given a copy of your specific lease to keep for your records at your leasing appointment. If you lose that copy and need a new one please e-mail Kelly at Kelly@universitymanors.com 24 hours in advance to get a replacement. The fee is $5.00 cash.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How much is the security deposit?
The security deposit is equal to one month’s rent in all of our 1 bedroom – 10 bedroom apartments/homes. We require at least half to be paid at your first leasing appointment to secure the home. The remaining portion of your deposit is due when your turn in your leasing paperwork (usually 2 weeks later).
2. Can I see a copy of the lease?
Yes. Click on the following link: Sample Lease
Lease dates and amounts vary depending on the property you rent, but the basic articles in the lease are a constant. You are given a copy of your specific lease at your leasing appointment to keep for your records. If you lose that copy and need a new one please call the office 24 hours in advance, the fee is $5.00 cash.
3. How do I renew my lease for another year?
Our current residents always have first priority to renew. We will contact you in the fall for your renewal intentions. If you would like to renew for another year, contact Kelly at 614-291-5001 or Kelly@universitymanors.com to schedule a renewal appointment.
4. Is there an application fee?
5. Do you do a credit check on myself or my co-signer?
No. Since almost all of our tenants are students they have not acquired enough credit to get approved. Instead, we require each tenant to have their own co-signer. If you are under 25, your co-signer must be a parent or legal guardian. If you are over 25, your co-signer can be anyone you choose. If you are an international student or have another special circumstance in regards to having a cosigner contact Kelly at the rental office.